ROUTE 66 PLUS TOUR. This 26 night adventure begins in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, NV. From Vegas we will experience the PLUS part of the tour, "America The Beautiful", as we head to the stunning Grand Canyon North Rim. With a lot less visitors than the South Rim, and a higher elevation, the North Rim will not disappoint as you look out across the Colorado River to the Painted Desert. As the tour progresses, the vistas continue, as we approach the magnificent Rocky Mountains. Highlights include Four Corners Monument, Horseshoe Bend, Vermillion Cliffs and Monument Valley. Then we cross the Rocky’s and enjoy The Million Dollar Highway, the old west town of Durango, CO, and views forever from atop Pikes Peak. From here things get historical as we cross the great plains following the old Santa Fe route from the 1850’s, visiting Dodge City, Topeka, and so much more on our way to Chicago, and Route 66.
Then we return west, enjoying the diversity of the 8 states that call old 66 "The Main Street of America". Embarking on Route 66 in the USA isn't just a road trip; it's a journey through history, culture, and the soul of America. As you drive through the heartland, you'll witness the fading neon signs of roadside diners and motels, reminiscent of a bygone era. Each mile tells a story of the American Dream, from the iconic landscapes of the Midwest to the spirited rhythm of the blues in the South. Route 66 is a tapestry of experiences – the quirky roadside attractions, the warmth of small-town hospitality, and the freedom of the open road. It's a voyage that captures the essence of Americana, leaving you with memories as timeless as the road itself.
The all Australian, award winning guide team, will look after you every mile of the way as we enjoy the twists and turns of the Mother Road. Route 66 Tours is an Australian tour operator known for expertise in organizing guided tours along Route 66. The company, "Route 66 Tours," specializes in providing enthusiasts with an authentic and memorable experience on the historic route. Our teams passion for Route 66 and extensive knowledge of its history, landmarks, and hidden gems have made our tours popular among those seeking a well-guided journey along the Mother Road. Our commitment to preserving the spirit of Route 66 and sharing its rich heritage with travelers has contributed to the ongoing fascination and appreciation for this iconic American highway.
Although Route 66 had its glory day’s back in the 1950’s the old road is still capturing the hearts and minds of travellers today. With decades of road trip experience in the USA, Route 66 Tours are here to take you on a journey down memory lane. Said to be the “Longest Tourist Attraction in the USA", Route 66 is a road that will transport you back in time to a period when America was booming, and its people were hitting the road to discover this amazing country. With the 2026 centenary, the celebrations of 100 years, Route 66 will be one big party as those that live and breathe this icon, invite the world to visit. The party has already started, and will continue through to the end of 2026.
See, and experience, this amazing road trip for yourself, stay in the classic hotels, and motels, eat in the old diners, and cafes, meet the people that lived Route 66 when it was the America’s Main Street. A journey across the USA filled with nostalgia and stunning diverse landscapes. Come, see for yourself, this is not the America you see on the TV, this is the real America, and you will fall in love with her, just like so many before you.
Before this tour is over, we will again visit the awe inspiring Grand Canyon from the South Rim, before ending back in Las Vegas. This is a tour designed for fun, we don’t simply throw you on a bike, or in a car, and head off on the road trip. We give you the time required to slow down and enjoy The Mother Road. Our tour averages only 177 miles per day while on old 66, and 277 miles per day thru the Rockies, and across the plains. Every day is full and action packed. We have years of experience and your road trip of a lifetime is in very good hands. Remember, unlike some others, we "Fully Guide" you on your dream vacation. Tour with the best, tour with Route 66 Tours. 1300-76-0806
CARS OR BIKES
Standard Tour Package - Standard SUV,s or Harley Davidsons
Upgraded Cars and different makes of Bikes are available*
*Subject to confirmation/availability at time of booking
SUMMER ROUTE 66 TOUR
- Experienced Route 66 Travel Guide at your service
- Quality accommodation with 22 breakfasts (No breakfast in Las Vegas)
- Car/Bike Hire inclusive of all taxes & it is insured
- Each car gets the use of UHF radio & GPS to assist in navigation & communication
- Each Car/Bike gets a special Route 66 Guide Book & USA Road Atlas (Yours to Keep)
- Welcome Dinner in Las Vegas
- An Exclusive Hot Rod Workshop Tour & visits to amazing car museums
- 90 minute walking tour of Acoma Sky City Indian Village
- Architectural River Cruise in Chicago
- Car/Bike Parking at our hotels
- Entry to view the amazing Horseshoe Bend
- 2.5 hour Stretch Limo City Tour as a farewell in Las Vegas
- Travel on the "Original Mother Road" and not just the Interstate with side exits to Route 66
- Flights & Taxes
- Travel Insurance is required to participate but is not included in the price.
- No breakfast provided in Las Vegas
- Upgrades to the Standard SUV's or Harley Davidsons
- Fuel/Oil for the vehicle you use is not included (Budget $1500 for cars & $1000 for bikes)
- Meals are not included unless listed (Budget $2000 per person)
- Entry to National Parks (Budget $150 per car & $75 per bike)
- The GPS Systems and UHF Radios remain the property of Route 66 Tours.