ROUTE 66 PLUS TOUR. This 26 night adventure begins in the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, NV. From Vegas we head 2 hours south into California to intersect Historic Route 66 in the Mojave Desert. We then head east across the diversity of the 8 states that call old 66 "The Main Street of America".
Embarking on Route 66 in the USA isn't just a road trip; it's a journey through history, culture, and the soul of America. As you drive through the heartland, you'll witness the fading neon signs of roadside diners and motels, reminiscent of a bygone era. Each mile tells a story of the American Dream, from the iconic landscapes of the Midwest to the spirited rhythm of the blues in the South. Route 66 is a tapestry of experiences – the quirky roadside attractions, the warmth of small-town hospitality, and the freedom of the open road. It's a voyage that captures the essence of Americana, leaving you with memories as timeless as the road itself.
The all Australian, award winning guide team, will look after you every mile of the way as we enjoy the twists and turns of the Mother Road. Route 66 Tours is an Australian tour operator known for expertise in organizing guided tours along Route 66. The company, "Route 66 Tours," specializes in providing enthusiasts with an authentic and memorable experience on the historic route. The teams passion for Route 66 and extensive knowledge of its history, landmarks, and hidden gems have made our tours popular among those seeking a well-guided journey along the Mother Road. Our commitment to preserving the spirit of Route 66 and sharing its rich heritage with travelers has contributed to the ongoing fascination and appreciation for this iconic American highway.
One of the early highlights as we head east, is the magnificent South Rim of the Grand Canyon, with the expansive views down to the mighty Colorado River. Not to be out done, historic Route 66 holds up against such natural wonders. Although Route 66 had its glory day’s back in the 1950’s the old road is still capturing the hearts and minds of travellers today. In 2026 we will all be celebrating the centenary of this icon, and the party has already begun. Approaching 100 and still going strong, this is road trip heaven.
With decades of road trip experience in the USA, Route 66 Tours are here to take you on a journey down memory lane. Said to be the “Longest Tourist Attraction in the USA", Route 66 is a road that will transport you back in time to a period when America was booming, and its people were hitting the road to discover this amazing country. See, and experience, this amazing road trip for yourself, stay in the classic hotels, and motels, eat in the old diners, and cafes, meet the people that lived Route 66 when it was the Main Street of America. A journey across the USA filled with nostalgia and stunning diverse landscapes. Come, see for yourself, this is not the America you see on the TV, this is the real America, and you will fall in love with her, just like so many before you.
Once Route 66 gets us into Chicago, we will have time to enjoy a wonderful day of sightseeing in one of the premier cities in the USA. This is the PLUS part of this amazing tour, "America The Beautiful". From Chicago we turn back west, and cross the mighty plains of mid-America, visiting such towns that will bring the wild west alive. The famous Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway, chartered in 1859, helped open up the wild west, and we will enjoy the towns that make up its name, as we journey west towards the epic Colorado Mountains.
The stunning vistas continue as we traverse the magnificent Rocky’s. Highlights include Pikes Peak, The Million Dollar Highway, and the old west town of Durango, CO. From here things get even more picturesque as we enter the Grand Circle of the South-West. Monument Valley, Four Corners, Horseshoe Bend, Vermillion Cliffs, and the awe inspiring, but little visited, North Rim of the Grand Canyon are all included as we return to Las Vegas.
This is a tour designed for fun, we don’t simply throw you on a bike, or in a car, and head off on the road trip. We give you the time required to slow down and enjoy The Mother Road. Our tour averages only 177 miles per day while on old 66, and only 277 miles per day as we head west back to Las Vegas. Every day is full and are action packed. We have years of experience and your road trip of a lifetime is in very good hands. Remember, unlike some others, we "Fully Guide" you on your dream vacation. Tour with the best, tour with Route 66 Tours. 1300-76-0806
CARS OR BIKES
Standard Tour Package - Standard SUV or Harley Davidson
Upgraded Cars and different makes of Bikes are available*
*Subject to confirmation/availability at time of booking
SPRING ROUTE 66 TOUR
- Experienced Route 66 Travel Guide at your service
- Quality accommodation with 22 breakfasts included (No breakfast in Las Vegas)
- Car/Bike Hire inclusive of all taxes & it is insured
- Each Car gets the use of - UHF radio & GPS to assist in navigation & communication
- Each Car/Bike gets a special Route 66 Guide Book & USA Road Atlas (Yours to Keep)
- Welcome Dinner in Las Vegas
- An Exclusive Hot Rod Workshop Tour & visit to some amazing car museums
- 90 minute walking tour of Acoma Sky City Indian Village
- Architectural River Cruise in Chicago
- Car/Bike Parking at our hotels
- Entry to view the amazing Horseshoe Bend
- 2.5 hour Stretch Limo City Tour as a farewell in Las Vegas
- Travel on the "Original Mother Road" and not just the Interstate with side exits to Route 66
- Flights & Taxes
- Travel Insurance is required to participate but is not included in the price.
- No breakfast provided in Las Vegas
- Upgrades to the Standard SUV's or Harley Davidsons
- Fuel/Oil for the vehicle you use is not included (Budget $1500 for cars & $1000 for bikes)
- Meals are not included unless listed (Budget $2000 per person)
- Entry to National Parks (Budget $150 per car & $75 per bike)
- The GPS Systems and UHF Radios remain the property of Route 66 Tours.